This role is part of Aon Impact Forecasting team, a team of scientists, developers and client services colleagues together developing and supporting catastrophe models for various perils including flood, windstorm, earthquake, fire or terrorism.
We are looking for a candidate who would like to grow as a professional in the field of meteorology or other earth science fields to help us better explain the scientific and financial implications across the insurance industry and related sectors.
Become part of an exciting team as weather variability & climate change takes on growing industry importance!
Your main tasks will be:
- Work within our Catastrophe Insight team to prepare our Cat Reports
- Take a peek into our latest annual report here: https://aon.io/2UqihN8
- Aid in the development and deployment of real-time & standard catastrophe model solutions
- Develop and conduct statistical analysis to determine natural disaster loss trends
- Conduct research to strengthen our historical reanalysis and loss database
- Integrate climate change research into impactful solutions!
What are we expecting from you?
- Degree in Meteorology or a related Earth Science field
- Understanding of global weather & climate trends with an emphasis on EMEA and APAC
- Forecasting abilities utilizing numerical weather models and satellite data
- Technical writing and editing skills & able to communicate clearly
- Analytical skills with a background in data analysis & interpretation/delivery of statistical information
- Prior exposure or familiarity with the insurance industry is an advantage
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, Adobe Suite, Tableau, Google Earth
- Availability to occasionally work outside of standard business hours when communicating with overseas clients and colleagues
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work for a market leader in the reinsurance and insurance industry
- Gain highly focused expertise with a significant market value
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package including pension scheme contributions, massages in the office, language courses, ergonomic tables, sick days and many more
- Dynamic and friendly team of experienced professionals - Aon is an equal opportunity employer
- Potential for travelling to conferences, meet with clients, or conduct post-event damage surveys
- Modern offices in the very centre of Prague
Please note that applications are available for candidates with valid work permit in CZ.
Kontakt Lenka Hralová