Catastrophe Modelling Developer
This role is part of Aon Impact Forecasting team, a team of scientists, developers and client services colleagues together developing and supporting catastrophe models for various perils including flood, windstorm, earthquake, fire or terrorism.
Currently we are looking for a technical person with interest in building structures and their vulnerability. The position is suitable for a senior engineer as well as junior colleague who wants to grow as an expert in the field of property and motor damage caused by any type of weather peril (windstorm, hail, tornado).
Your main tasks will include:
- Development of vulnerability models (the most sensitive component of a catastrophe model).
- Collection and processing of available damage functions, their sorting and mutual comparison, understanding their physical characteristics and impact on financial loss estimate.
- Development of new damage functions for new territories and types of properties based on physical parameters, constructions standards etc.
- Analysis and further processing of individual insurance claims and their use in vulnerability calibration.
- Documenting the overall process as well as its presentation at different occasions, such as clients’ meetings, conferences or technical forums.
- Study all various concepts and literature about vulnerability and damage functions standards and methods used in resiliency quantification.
- Be in a close cooperation with other model developers and colleagues developing loss calculation platforms. There is also a large space to be involved in other Aon teams (catastrophe management, technical broking) and technical discussions with Aon and Impact Forecasting client base.
To apply for this offer, you should have:
- University degree in civil/structural engineering or other mathematical/quantitively science, including computer science.
- Also, background in natural sciences or geography can be beneficial.
- The position is suitable for postgraduates at the MSc or PhD level.
- Technical thinking, ability to quickly learn new things and concepts.
- Good communication skills in English (be able to read and understand scientific papers).
- Analytical skills with some basic knowledge of statistical methods for data analysis.
- Some basic knowledge of scripting or programming language (R, MATLAB, Python, or others). Basic knowledge of SQL or another relational database as well as GIS/CAD is a plus.
- Out of the box thinking.
What we can offer:
- Interesting and varied role in a dynamic and exciting team
- Opportunity to work for a market leader in the global reinsurance and insurance industry
- Continuous and on-going international training programme
- Competitive salary and attractive benefit package (including premium private medical care, massages in the office, language courses, ergonomic tables, sick days and many more)
- Beautiful office located in Prague city centre
Kontakt Lenka Hralová