This role is part of Aon Impact Forecasting team, a team of scientists, developers and client services colleagues together developing and supporting catastrophe models for various perils including flood, windstorm, earthquake, fire or terrorism.
Currently we are looking for a new colleague to join our Impact Forecasting – Product Development team based in Prague.
We are developing JAM Stack style frontend application leveraging React and Redux Toolkit. TypeScript helps us to deliver strictly typed components that are covered by unit tests using Jest. Gulp helps us to bundle the application together as well deliver versioned artifact through CI/CD. Our Storybook design style guide helps us deliver and document high quality components with SASS and Bootstrap framework. Backend communication is done through GraphQL API and OpenID authorization layer leveraging Okta. The whole app is delivered to the customer through a CDN to minimize latency.
Our backend is a fully serverless application running on AWS Lambda and AppSync. DynamoDB is considered as our main No-SQL storage. All infrastructure is deployed through Infrastructure as Code with a GitLab CI/CD pipeline. We leverage Docker to develop the services locally as well as run unit and integration tests.
Join us to support development and maintenance of this application!
To apply for this offer, you should have:
- Technical skills: JAM Stack (AWS S3 + CDN), TypeScript, SASS + Bootstrap, Gulp Storybook, GraphQL (AWS AppSync) + OpenID (Okta), Jest, Docker (local development + CI/CD), Serverless (AWS Lambda), CloudFormation/Terraform, GitLab, DynamoDB
- Technical university degree with programming background is welcome, it is not a must
- Common sense, inventive and can-do attitude, ability to carry out work independently with minimum supervision as well as collaborate in a team
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written English, other languages are also welcome (at least basic Czech is an advantage as the core team is based in Prague)
- Applications are available for candidates with valid work permit in CZ.
What we offer:
- Interesting and varied role with opportunity to contribute to application design
- Working in a dynamic and exciting global team with the state of art programming tools
- Access to big technical library, courses and conferences for continued education
- Beautiful office located in Prague city centre with possibility of flexible working
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
Kontakt Lenka Hralová