Flood Vulnerability Developer
This role is part of the Impact Forecasting team, subsidiary of Aon. The global Impact Forecasting team of 90 members based in 5 offices around the world (Prague, London, Chicago, Singapore and Bangalore) consists of scientists, developers and a client services colleagues together developing and supporting catastrophe models for various natural and man-made perils including flood, wind storm, earthquake, fire or terrorism.
We are looking for a technical person with an interest in flood vulnerability. The position is suitable for a senior engineer as well as a junior colleague who wants to grow as an expert in the field of property and motor damage caused by any type of flood inundation.
Your main tasks will include:
- Development of flood vulnerability models (the most sensitive component of a catastrophe model).
- Collection and processing of available damage functions, their sorting and mutual comparison, understanding their physical characteristics and impact on financial loss estimate.
- Development of new damage functions for new territories and types of properties based on physical parameters, constructions standards etc.
- Analysing and further processing of individual insurance claims and their use in vulnerability calibration.
- Documenting the overall process as well as its presentation at different occasions, such as clients’ meetings, conferences or technical forums.
- Study all various concepts and literature about vulnerability and damage functions standards and methods used in flood resiliency quantification.
- Be in a close cooperation with other flood model developers and colleagues developing loss calculation platforms. There is also a large space to be involved in other Aon teams (catastrophe management, technical broking) and technical discussions with Aon or Impact Forecasting client base.
To apply for this offer, you should have:
- University degree in civil engineering or knowledge of engineering practices and construction logic.
- Technical thinking, ability to quickly learn new things and concepts.
- Very good communication skills in English, other languages (German particularly) are welcomed!
- Some basic knowledge of scripting or programming language to automate tasks (R, Python, MATLAB, C or others), basic knowledge of SQL or other relational database as well as GIS/CAD is a plus.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (mainly Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to present your work to wider audience.
- Applications available for candidates with valid work permit for CZ.
What we can offer:
- Opportunity to work for a market leader in the global reinsurance and insurance industry
- Interesting and varied role in a dynamic and exciting team
- Gain highly focused expertise with a significant market value
- Continuous and on-going international training programme and many other educational opportunities
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
- Potential for travelling
Kontakt Lenka Hralová