We are the leading independent reinsurance and risk intermediary and full-service capital advisor. Customers include most of the world's major insurance and reinsurance companies as well as government entities and global corporations. We provide risk transfer, claims advocacy and capital management solutions to help re/insurers reduce volatility and build more resilient businesses, governments and communities.
We are searching for Actuary for our Prague (Czech Republic) office. The position is suitable also if you want to start your carrier and you don't have any experience yet or if you are planning your next step after first years of experience.
Why you should be interested?
In short way we can offer 2 activities that are not so common for actuaries - stochastic modelling and very diverse work.
- Stochastic modelling - We are advising insurers on their risks and we need to see what is happening on extreme events and be able to use risk measures like Value At Risk. Aon developed one of the most used Stochastic modelling tool for Non-Life called Remetrica and all actuaries have access to it. So you will make stochastic modelling after a few months in the office and quite often.
- Diverse work - We are helping insurers in their risk transfer of their different business lines and doing things that often insurers are not able to do by themselves, so the work in the actuarial department is very diverse.
In more words, your main tasks will include:
- You will be analysing pricing, reinsurance structure optimisation and risk quantification using non-life insurance mathematics and other statistical methods.
- You will perform technical analysis and get an innovative insight into insurance companies, their portfolios and reinsurance contracts.
- You will be participating on (and maybe even managing some) actuarial projects.
- You will be creating stochastic financial models in Aon’s Financial modelling tool Remetrica.
- An important part of your role will be also a regular both internal and external communication - with our clients and reinsurers.
To apply for this offer, you should have:
- University degree in actuarial sciences (mathematics applied to insurance) on Masters or PhD level
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Strong application oriented technical and structural thinking
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new methods, but also find your own solutions
- Above-average computer skills (MS Office + other usual software)
- Flexibility and self-motivation
What we can offer to you:
- Interesting and dynamic role in the global reinsurance industry
- Training to our advanced methods, including to Remetrica, our financial stochastic modelling tool
- Opportunity to work for the market leader in the CEE
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
- Offices in the very centre of Prague
If interested, please send us your CV with motivational letter. Thank you and looking forward to you application.
Kontakt Lenka Hralová