Aon Benfield is the world’s premier reinsurance intermediary. The company offers clients access to every traditional and alternative market in the world, through an international network of offices spanning over 50 countries and more than 4,000 professionals.
Terrorism Modeler and Model Developer
Terrorism Modeler and Model Developer is a role within the Impact Forecasting team, subsidiary of Aon Benfield.
The global Impact Forecasting team of 90 members based in 5 offices around the world (Prague, London, Chicago, Singapore and Bangalore) consists of scientists and software developers dedicated to developing catastrophe models and risk management solutions for various natural and man-made perils including Wind storm, Flood, Earthquake, Terrorism and other.
About the role and your main tasks
- You will maintain and develop our terrorism catastrophe models for the re/insurance industry, including ongoing projects for New York and London.
- You will be involved in the entire model development as well as in the model usage cycle.
- You will be asked to provide your expert opinion on terrorism modelling matters in order to assist to re/insurance model users.
- Our terrorism model consists of several components: 3D cityscape model, CFD blast model and vulnerability (building damage and people injury models). You will have the ability and willingness to learn and apply new concepts.
To apply for this offer, you should have
- Basic knowledge in CFD modelling and related analyses is a plus
- Some programming language knowledge. Most components of our models are written in Python so knowing Python is big advantage. We use Numpy, Scipy and Pandas and libraries to handle spatial data (gdal and arcpy).
- You will be presenting the model to our international clients therefore very good English communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential.
- Ability to manage the model development process in order to deliver results on time. Flexibility, self-motivation and ability to work hard to meet deadlines
- We are looking for someone who is interested in modelling terrorism, is keen to learn new things and can bring fresh views and ideas, regardless of your current knowledge of blast modelling.
What we can offer to you
- Opportunity to work for a market leader in the global reinsurance and insurance industry.
- Interesting and varied role in the team of top people in the business.
- Lead and supervise your own project(s).
- Potential for travelling.
- Continuous and on-going international training programme.
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Offices in the very centre of Prague.
Information about the vacancy
Václavské náměstí 832/19, 110 00 Praha-Nové Město, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Aon Central and Eastern Europe a.s.
The vacancy is suitable for graduates.
ContactAon Central and Eastern Europe a.s.
Václavské náměstí 832/19
110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město