Aon's Reinsurance Solutions is the world’s premier reinsurance intermediary. The company offers clients access to every traditional and alternative market in the world, through an international network of offices spanning over 50 countries and more than 4,000 professionals.
Computer Modelling Platform Technician
Computer Modelling Platform Technician is a role within Impact Forecasting team, subsidiary of Aon, based in Prague office. The role is also suitable for fresh graduates!
The global Impact Forecasting team of 90 members based in 5 offices around the world (Prague, London, Chicago, Singapore and Bangalore) consists of scientists and software developers dedicated to developing catastrophe models and risk management solutions for various natural and man-made perils including Wind storm, Flood, Earthquake, Terrorism and other.
The models are primarily developed for ELEMENTS – catastrophe modelling platform developed and maintained by Impact Forecasting.
Your main tasks will include:
- Providing guidance for catastrophe modelling software both internally (within Aon offices) and externally (for our clients)
- Software advisory including trouble shooting, data preparation and interpretation
- Install guidance for our products, advising on the acquisition and setup of relevant software and hardware environment
- Advising on procedures for development and implementation of new models
- Close cooperation with other Impact Forecasting teams (potential for involvement in catastrophe model development, programming etc.)
- Frequent internal and external customer communication
To apply for this offer, you should have:
- Very good knowledge of Excel and overall computing skills
- Knowledge of SQL databases and programming languages (e.g. Python, VBA) is a big advantage!
- Very good analytical thinking
- Very good communication skills (both written and verbal) in English, other languages are most welcomed
- Strong team player but capable of independent work
- Willingness to learn about a rather specialised field
What we can offer to you:
- Opportunity to work for a market leader in the global reinsurance and insurance industry
- Interesting and varied role in the team of top people in the business
- Continuous and on-going international training programme
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
- Potential for travelling
- Beautiful offices at Prague center - take a look here https://bit.ly/2MHDvQN
Information about the vacancy
Václavské náměstí 832/19, 110 00 Praha-Nové Město, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Aon Central and Eastern Europe a.s.
The vacancy is suitable for graduates.
ContactAon Central and Eastern Europe a.s.
Václavské náměstí 832/19
110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město