Earthquake Catastrophe Model Developer
This role is part of the Impact Forecasting team, subsidiary of Aon. The global Impact Forecasting team of 90 members based in 5 offices around the world (Prague, London, Chicago, Singapore and Bangalore) consists of scientists, developers and a client services colleagues together developing and supporting catastrophe models for various natural and man-made perils including flood, wind storm, earthquake, fire or terrorism.
We are looking for qualified earthquake engineer or seismologist to join our Impact Forecasting fast growing team in Prague, Czech Republic.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Develop earthquake catastrophe models for insurance / reinsurance purposes, to manage entire model development projects
- Develop hazard and vulnerability component, perform loss estimation and calibration, model implementation and testing
- Coordinate cooperation with external partners, this may need travelling abroad
- Communicate and present intermediate and final results to other Aon departments such as cat management team, brokers etc.
- Deliver external presentation to clients, at conferences etc.
- Bring innovation while understanding the requirements and limitations of the practices of the team
- Be part of the development team and be able to coordinate tasks with other members
- Collaborate with other team members from different offices worldwide
- Use Aon Impact Forecasting in-house software packages.
To apply for this offer, you should have/be:
- Appropriate educational background in the field of seismology and / or earthquake engineering and engineering seismology at the postgraduate, preferably at the PhD level
- Technical competences and experience in loss analysis and developing vulnerability / fragility curves (HAZUS, RISK-UE, GEM, etc)
- Good knowledge of scripting languages e.g. Python, Matlab, R * Knowledge of databases e.g. MS SQL Server
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office apps
- Excellent written and spoken English skills. Other languages are also welcome
- Data management skills and knowledge of GIS (desirable)
- Understanding of the insurance / reinsurance business (advantage).
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary and attractive benefit packages
- Interesting and varied role in the global reinsurance and insurance industry
- Continuous international professional development programme
- Potential for travel
- Beautiful office located in Prague city centre
To apply for the position or if you want to ask more information, please send your CV and your motivation letter to Goran Trendafiloski: email@example.com
Kontakt Lenka Hralová